Samsung and the New York Mets are ready to welcome baseball fans to an overhauled stadium experience at Citi Field. The 2022 Major League Baseball season should begin on April 7, and as some of you know, Citi Field is undergoing a stadium-wide upgrade backed by Samsung technologies.
This multi-year project was announced late last year, and now, Samsung and the Mets are getting ready to welcome the first fans to the most technologically-advanced stadium ever seen by the major leagues.
The modernization process was divided into a few stages, and the first is now complete. Here’s what Mets fans can expect at Citi Field:
- 12,000 square feet of Samsung Direct View LED displays
- 5 levels of Samsung LED ribbon boards
- 300 Samsung LCD screens around the ballpark
- New IPTV system based on Samsung MagicINFO software
- Three times the number of cameras for real-time capturing
- Twice the amount of slow-motion replay systems
- All the static screens at the Taste of the City Food Court have been upgraded to digital
Later this year, Samsung will upgrade the Mets’ stadium’s Promenade, Premium, and 100 levels ribbon boards, as well as the Jackie Robinson Rotunda with high-definition digital displays.
For the 2023 MLB season, Samsung will continue to upgrade the Citi Field stadium with 1,000 additional LCDs around the ballpark, new fan experiences, a new dynamic centerfield scoreboard, and the addition of two new LED boards on the Promenade Plaza area.
Join SamMobile’s Telegram group and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get instant news updates and in-depth reviews of Samsung devices. You can also subscribe to get updates from us on Google News and follow us on Twitter.