Microsoft Edge Dev recently received an update. The browser is now up to version 93.0.933.1 and includes several new features and improvements. Many of the improvements center around Tab Groups, including the feature being enabled by default and the new ability to add a Tab Group to a Collection. You can also open a Collection in a Tab Group.
The update also includes some other handy features and improvements, including enabling default access to hand tracking data in Web XR scenarios.
Here’s everything that’s new in the update:
- Enabled Tab Groups by default.
- Added the ability to add a Tab Group to a Collection and open the contents of a Collection in a Tab Group.
- Added a management policy to control which Internet Explorer Integration Cloud Site List to use. Note that updates to administrative templates and documentation may not have occurred yet.
- Enabled by default access to hand tracking data in Web XR scenarios.
Before this update, Tab Groups had to be enabled through a hidden flag. Now, people with Edge Dev can use them by default.
The update also improves reliability in several areas:
- Fixed a crash when closing a tab.
- Fixed a crash when opening tabs.
- Fixed a crash when closing IE mode tabs.
- Fixed a crash on startup.
- Fixed a crash on Mac when using context menus in Collections.
- Fixed a crash when interacting with autofill popups.
- Fixed a crash when using the Find on Page bar.
- Fixed a crash when sending feedback.
- Fixed a crash when closing the Web Widget.
- Fixed a crash on Windows 7 when using PWAs.
You can check out all of the update’s known issues and changed behaviors in its full changelog.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.