Microsoft is back with another Windows 10 preview build for Insiders in the Dev Channel! Today’s build is 21390, and includes new Fluent-inspired icons for the Task Manager and MSI installers. There’s also a new option that allows you to set Windows Terminal as the default terminal.
Here are the changes and fixes:
- As part of our ongoing iconography improvements, Task Manager and MSI installers now have new Fluent icons.
- You can now set Windows Terminal Preview as your default terminal emulator on Windows – please see this blog post for details. This requires Windows Terminal Preview version 1.9 (or higher).
- We fixed an issue causing the news and interests text on the taskbar to appear blurry on some resolutions and scaling factors.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain punctuation not being displayed correctly when the display language was Chinese.
- We fixed a svchost.exe crash related to cdp.dll that some Insiders have been experiencing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue impacting Start reliability in recent flights.
- We fixed an issue where when using dark mode, the text in the File Explorer search box would be black on a black background. Please note this only addresses this dark theme issue in File Explorer, we are continuing to investigate a second issue impacting dark theme when using Search in the taskbar.
- We fixed an issue in recent flights where a folder might not retain keyboard focus after being renamed in File Explorer.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Task Manager showing the incorrect icon for some processes.
- We fixed a second issue causing some devices to fail when updating to this build with error code 0xc1900101. If you continue to receive this error code when attempting to update, please file a new feedback item.
As always, you can check out the Windows Blog for the complete changelog, including a list of known issues.