Apple is indeed working on a foldable iPhone, but details about it remain scarce and somewhat vague. We’ve rounded up a few notable rumors below and want to hear from you; what would you like to see in a foldable iPhone? Let us know in the comments!
- Building on an existing relationship, Apple is likely working closely with Corning to develop a special display glass for the foldable iPhone that’s both tough and durable and thin and flexible.
- Rumors have fluctuated regarding the size of the foldable iPhone, with some reports saying it’ll be around 9-inches and have a PPI (pixels-per-inch) between an iPhone and an iPad. Other reports say Apple has internally tested a device that opens up to 6.7-inches, similar to the size of current Pro Max iPhones.
- A research firm has suggested the foldable iPhone could support the Apple Pencil, utilizing its larger display to allow for easier note taking, drawing, sketching, and more on the device.
- Rather than typical foldable phones on the market, a rumor from Apple leaker Jon Prosser suggests that Apple is working on a foldable device with two separate screens connected via a hinge and not one single, continuous display.
Software and OS
- It remains to be seen whether Apple will, at some point, combine the iPhone and iPad into a single product, offering an iPhone when folded and an iPad-like experience when unfolded. In that case, we may see the foldable device running a hybrid between iOS and iPadOS, but that remains purely speculative.
Price and Launch Date
- Samsung’s Galaxy Fold 4 starts at a steep $1,800, and while it’s too early to tell what market Apple will want to target with its foldable device, Samsung’s pricing does offer a little bit of context.
- According to Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, we’re now unlikely to see a foldable iPhone until at least 2025 or later, so there are still many years to go until we may see anything hit the market.
For more in-depth information about what we know about a foldable iPhone, be sure to check out our comprehensive guide. Plus, don’t forget to let us know what you want to see in a foldable iPhone below.
There’s just about a month to go until Apple holds its annual September event focusing on new iPhone and Apple Watch models. We thought we’d take a quick look at everything that’s rumored for Apple’s September event to give MacRumors readers a rundown on what to expect when the first fall event rolls around.
The iPhone 14 can probably be described more as an “iPhone 13S” because…
Samsung this week launched its fourth-generation foldable devices, the $1,000 Galaxy Z Flip and the $1,800 Galaxy Z Fold. Though there’s no sign of a comparable Apple foldable device on the horizon, rumors suggest prototypes are in the works, so we thought we’d take a look at Samsung’s newest smartphones to see what Apple needs to measure up to when a foldable iPhone does come out.
The launch of the new iPhone 14 is just a few weeks away, meaning millions of iPhone customers will soon upgrade their existing iPhone or perhaps get an iPhone for the first time. Exclusive MacRumors iPhone 14 Pro renders by graphic designer Ian Zelbo Whether upgrading from an older model or this is your first iPhone, we’ve rounded up a few tips to help you prepare for the next flagship…
Apple plans to increase the prices of iPhone 14 Pro models compared to iPhone 13 Pro models, according to analyst Ming-Chi Kuo.
Kuo did not reveal exact pricing for the iPhone 14 Pro models. However, in a tweet today, he estimated that the average selling price of the iPhone 14 lineup as a whole will increase by about 15% compared to the iPhone 13 lineup.
In the United States, the iPhone…
This week brought some shocking news for iOS 16 beta testers, with Apple bringing back the iPhone battery percentage to the status bar after a number of years.
Other news and rumors this week included word that Apple has started recording portions of its media event planned for next month to introduce the iPhone 14 and Apple Watch Series 8, claims about iPhone 14 Pro pricing and Apple’s…