Microsoft recently rolled out an update to Edge Dev that brings several new features to the browser. A couple of the features involve vertical tabs, including the option to hide the title bar when using them. You can also turn vertical tabs on or off in all currently open instances of Edge. The update brings Edge Dev to version 92.0.891.1.
- Added a dark gray theme to Immersive Reader.
- Added a Setting to turn on or off vertical tabs in all currently open windows.
- Added a setting to hide the title bar when tabs are in vertical mode.
- Finished rolling out Microsoft Rewards integration in the Account button.
- Added support for remembering the pin state of the History and Downloads menus (remembering pin state in general is still controlled behind a flag).
Microsoft also rolled out several improvements to reliability:
- Fixed an issue on Mac where dragging a tab out of a window sometimes crashes the browser.
- Fixed a crash on startup on Mac.
- Fixed an issue on Mac where the browser sometimes doesn’t open if multiple profiles are present.
- Fixed a crash when using Shopping features.
- Fixed an issue where some websites fail to install as apps.
- Fixed a hang when using IE mode tabs.
A Reddit thread on the update includes several comments about the new features. It appears that vertical tabs are a big hit among Edge users.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.