Update on November 5, 2019: This article has been updated with the news that the flight is being extended for at least another week.
Halo developer 343 Industries has announced in a blog post that the third test flight for Halo: Reach on PC has gone live for Halo Insiders, and will last until at least November 12, although it may run longer.
If you’ve signed up for the Halo Insider Program, make sure to check your email as instructions on how to install and run the flight will be sent to you if you were invited. 343 Industries has said that invites come out in waves, so if you don’t see an invite right away, make sure to periodically check back over the course of the flight.
This flight contains significantly more content than any flight before it, showing that 343 Industries is beginning to test Halo: Reach’s systems and infrastructure on a larger scale than before. Content from the Halo: Reach Campaign is available, along with a suite of player-versus-player (PvP) modes and playlists as well as Halo’s famed cooperative mode, Firefight. Here’s a full breakdown of everything included in the flight:
- Players will be able to play both the Noble Actual and Winter Contingency missions.
- Both Normal and Heroic Firefight will be available on the maps Beachhead, Corvette, and Holdout.
- 2 vs. 2 Slayer will be available on the maps Countdown, Powerhouse, and Zealot.
- 4 vs. 4 Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, Asset Denial, and Action Sack will be available on the same maps, as well as Tempest.
- 8 vs. 8 will be available as well, in the form of Slayer, Flag and Bomb, Zone Control, and Asset Denial on the maps Tempest, Breakpoint, and Ridgeline.
- Halo: Reach Team Hardcore will be available and will feature Slayer and Capture the Flag on the Countdown and Zealot maps.
- Halo: Reach’s Invasion mode will also be up and running on the map Breakpoint.
On top of all of the players invited to play through Steam, 343 Industries is also planning on testing Halo: Reach on PC through the Windows 10 Store client as well later on during the flight.
If you haven’t already, we strongly recommend signing up for the Halo Insider Program. Participating in these flights is a fantastic way to assist 343 Industries in the effort to bring Halo: Reach (as well as the rest of the games on the Master Chief Collection) to the PC platform, and above all else, you get a chance to play some Halo for free. If you want to get in on some Halo action right now, though, make sure to check out the Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.
Finish the fight
Experience the entirety of Halo history
The Master Chief Collection is a collection of every Halo shooter from the pre-Xbox One era, offering incredible value at an incredible price.