One of the most important parts of getting the Guardians of the Galaxy experience right is the music. It’s such an integral part of the universe and of Peter Quill’s life that to nail the game, you have to nail the music.
Square Enix has taken this super seriously and, ahead of the game’s launch on October 26, here’s the complete playlist of licensed music (at least, that we know of right now).
- Blondie – Call Me
- Blue Oyster Cult – Don’t Fear The Reaper
- Bobby McFerrin – Don’t Worry Be Happy
- Hot Chocolate – Every 1’s A Winner
- Wang Chung – Everybody Have Fun Tonight
- Tears For Fears – Everybody Wants To Rule The World
- EUROPE – The Final Countdown
- New Kids on the Block – Hangin’ Tough
- Pat Benatar – Hit Me With Your Best Shot
- Bonnie Tyler – Holding Out for a Hero
- KISS – I Love It Loud
- Flock of Seagulls – I Ran
- Culture Club – I’ll Tumble 4 Ya
- Mötley Crüe – Kickstart My Heart
- Simple Minds – Love Song
- Rick Astley – Never Gonna Give You Up
- Frankie Goes To Hollywood – Relax
- Def Leppard – Rock Rock Till You Drop
- Rainbow – Since You Been Gone
- A-ha – Take On Me
- Soft Cell – Tainted Love
- Loverboy – Turn Me Loose
- Autograph – Turn Up the Radio
- Wham! – Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go
- Scandal featuring Patty Smyth – The Warrior
- Starship – We Built This City
- Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It
- Billy Idol – White Wedding
In addition, the studio has formed its own band, Star-Lord, as part of its interpretation of the Guardians of the Galaxy universe and recorded an original album. So far, the first two tracks have been released, with more to follow. The original album will also be available to buy from digital music stores when the game launches, while some versions of the game come with it included.
- Star-Lord – Space Riders With No Names
- Star-Lord – Zero to Hero
If you’re a Spotify listener, there’s already a handy playlist put together with all of the announced tracks for you to listen to at your leisure.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.