Microsoft Flight Simulator is officially releasing its very first post-launch patch update, fixing a variety of issues with a particular focus on installation issues. This update should be the first of many in resolving some of Microsoft Flight Simulator’s known bugs and issues, and to get the best possible experience its recommended that you grab this update right away.
Microsoft notes that if players have any issues installing this update, they should consider a clean install of the game, as this will resolve these problems (one of the primary focuses of this patch update is fixing installation issues).
The changelog for Patch Version 126.96.36.199 includes:
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices / peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing / deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace
This patch update doesn’t include any new features or content, and isn’t part of Microsoft Flight Simulator’s extensive feature roadmap, but it is great to see the team hard at work improving an already incredible game. With the number of players having issues simply installing the game, this patch update was especially important.
Does this update resolve some of the issues you’ve been having with the game? Is there another bug or problem you’re facing that hasn’t been fixed yet? Let us know in the comments below!