May 2021’s firmware update for the Surface Book, Surface Book 3, and Surface Laptop Go is here. It’s nothing exciting; just an assortment of minor stability and security tweaks, as well as some pedestrian tweaks such as improved battery reporting for the Surface Laptop Go. Here are some of the patch logs for each:
Surface Book 3
- 18.104.22.16840: Addresses display flicker issues and improve graphics stability (display adapters).
- 22.214.171.124: Addresses critical security vulnerabilities and improves connection stability (network adapters).
- 126.96.36.199: Improves stability when connected to an external display via Surface Dock 2.
- 1.62.321.1: Addresses security updates and improves system stability (software component).
- 92.3681.768.0: Addresses security updates and improves system stability (firmware).
Surface Laptop Go
- 188.8.131.52: Improves USB 2.0 stability and device reliability (firmware).
- 184.108.40.206: Improves device stability by addressing critical bugcheck (hub driver).
The full firmware logs can be found in the embedded links up above. And if you’re not already an owner of one of these products (in which case, what brought you here?) and you want to learn more about the devices, check out our reviews, such as our Surface Book 3 review.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.