If you’ve run into issues with the USB-C port on your Lenovo laptop, you’re not alone. In a support document (via Tom’s Guide), Lenovo has confirmed several issues that may affect the USB-C ports on dozens of laptops. However, there’s a fix, and it’s as simple as applying a driver update.
Lenovo says that you may experience issues after six to 12 months of “typical usage.”Here’s the list of symptoms that Lenovo says impacted laptops may exhibit:
- USB-C port not working
- Intel Thunderbolt controller not visible in the OS/Device Manager
- USB-C or Thunderbolt docking stations not visible or having connectivity problems
- HDMI output not available
- System battery not charging with a USB-C power adapter connected to the USB-C port
- Intel Thunderbolt pop-up error message
- Intel Thunderbolt safe mode error message
- BIOS Thunderbolt communication error or hang during POST
Here’s the list of affected laptops, all of which fall under the ThinkPad brand:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.