Samsung is the world’s largest smartphone OLED panel maker, and it makes the industry’s best OLED screens. The company provides OLED screens to various brands, including Apple, Huawei, OnePlus, OPPO, and Xiaomi. However, it was reported earlier this year that the South Korean firm might lose the iPhone display contract to BOE and LG, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore.According to a new report, Samsung Display has bagged nearly 80 percent of all OLED panel orders from Apple for the iPhone 12 lineup. China’s BOE and South Korea’s LG Display would fill in with the remaining 20 percent of OLED panels. Samsung was the exclusive OLED display supplier for the iPhone X in 2017. However, Apple added LG to the mix in 2018 for the iPhone Xs and the iPhone Xs Max. This year, the iPhone maker is adding BOE as its third supplier in a bid to diversify its supply chain.It is being rumored that Apple will completely shift to OLED screens for the first time with the iPhone 12 lineup. There could be as many as four iPhone 12 variants: iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Max, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max. The 5.4-inch iPhone 12 and the 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Max are expected to use 60Hz screens, while 6.1-inch iPhone 12 Pro and the 6.7-inch iPhone 12 Pro Max could feature screens with 120Hz refresh rate.
Spread the love