The new build comes with the February 2021 security patch and some new features, including location data removal from photos, the ability to add video call effects in third-party apps, and Google Discover on the home screen. You can check out the changelog below for more details.
- Extract the date and address from the event title and recommend automatic registration.
- Receive notifications from SmartThings devices that also have specified schedule notifications.
- Camera function such as image quality improvement when zoomed in low light have been improved.
- View remastered picture feature has been added.
- Analyzes the image to find the optimum resolution, brightness, color and sharpness, and recommends optimized images.
- By dragging pop-up view screen to the edge of the screen, it is now possible to hide the window and keep playing.
- Extract the date and address from the reminder memo and recommend to register automatically, and remind important information by situation.
- Samsung Free
- Samsung Daily has been changed to Samsung Free service to provide an improved UI and differentiated functions according to content characteristics.
- Share Sheet
- It is now possible to protect your privacy by deleting the location information of previously taken photos before sharing or posting them on social media.
- Social Platform
- Synchronize valid links created on devices with the same registered Samsung account.
- The use of social media services has been simplified. It is possible to share profiles, photos, notes, schedules, and more with friends simply by logging in to your Samsung account.
The new firmware is rolling out in over a dozen countries, including Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Greece, Romania, Spain, Nordic, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Italy, France, Slovenia, Baltic, Portugal, United Kingdom, and Poland.
If you live in one of these countries, you’ll receive One UI 3.1 on your Galaxy S20 FE 5G any moment now. And if you can’t wait for the update notification to pop up on your device, you can check for the update manually by heading to your phone’s Settings menu.