A previous report by market research firm Futurebrand suggested that Samsung’s reputation had taken a hit among consumers. However, its competitor Interbrand is of the opinion that Samsung Electronics is one of the best when it comes to brand value.
The report, which can be read in its entirety here, places Samsung fifth in the list of companies that hold brand value at USD 74.6 billion; 20% higher than last year. The fourth position is taken by Google, followed by Microsoft and Amazon at third and second. Unsurprisingly, Apple is at the top of the list.
Samsung is still a top five global brand
Samsung has cemented its position in the list ever since making it to the top five last year. Progress from here on is a tad difficult, though, as it is up against some of the world’s best technology companies. Interbrand states that Samsung won because of the following reasons:
- Its transition to a customer-centric management system, highlighted by the establishment of a new CX (customer experience) team dedicated to prioritizing customer experience and values
- Its ongoing efforts for sustainable development, including various campaigns guided by its CSR vision, ‘Together for Tomorrow! Enabling People,’ as well as company-wide initiatives that promote sustainability, such as the use of eco-packaging for TVs and the Galaxy Upcycling program
- The launches of innovative products including the Galaxy Z Flip3, Neo QLEDs and the Bespoke lineup of home appliances
- Technology leadership as a solid number one in the Memory market and the launches of innovative System LSI products
- Leading the development of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, automotive and robotics through consistent investment
Despite lacklustre smartphone sales, Samsung Electronics seems to be doing well overall, at least for shareholders, who will receive never-before-seen dividends. Furthermore, it has also secured over 7,000 patents in 2021, indicating that it is innovating at full throttle.
Join SamMobile’s Telegram group and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get instant news updates and in-depth reviews of Samsung devices. You can also subscribe to get updates from us on Google News and follow us on Twitter.