Salesforce just released an app for Microsoft Teams, which aims to improve collaboration. The app lets people bring account data and records from the Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud into the Microsoft Teams workspace.
With the Salesforce app for Teams, people shouldn’t have to jump around between windows as much. Data from Salesforce will be directly accessible within Teams.
“Now, sales and service teams using Salesforce Sales Cloud or Service Cloud can bring account data and records into their Teams workspace for better collaboration,” says Microsoft. “Sales and service reps no longer need to switch between windows to find key data; it’s all in one workspace so teams can stay aligned and work efficiently.”
People can access Salesforce records in Teams channels, chats, and meetings.
- Pin records to Teams channel tabs and chats to make them easy to find
- Edit records directly within Teams.
- Post important conversation moments on the Salesforce Chatter feed of records pinned on Teams channel and chat tabs.
- Mention Salesforce records (opportunities, accounts, cases, contacts, and leads) in Teams channels and chats to facilitate collaboration.
- Preview more details about records mentioned in Teams channels and chats.
The Salesforce app for Teams launched in preview back in October 2020 but is now generally available.
This new app helps Teams keep pace with Slack in another key area. Salesforce has similar functionality within Slack, which it now owns.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.