Realme’s 200W charger surfaces ahead of announcement

Realme VP Mr. Madhav Sheth told us in an exclusive interview last October that Realme’s 125W UltraDART charging tech, announced in July 2020, will be commercialized this year. That’s not happened yet, but yesterday Realme announced that it will introduce the “world’s fastest smartphone charging technology” on February 28, 2022 at Mobile World Congress (MWC). While Realme hasn’t divulged how fast this tech will be, a leaked image suggests it could go up to 200W.

We are looking at a picture of an unreleased Realme charger with 200W charging support (20V/10A), which has model code VCK8HACH and supports Power Delivery protocol, but only till 45W.

Realme's 200W charger surfaces ahead of expected announcement

Current Realme smartphones max out at 65W, so switching to 200W will be a huge leap forward for the young brand. However, we’ve also heard rumors of Realme working on 80W and 150W charging phones, and it will use Oppo’s 160W power adapters to charge its smartphones at 150W.

That’s hardly a surprise since the 65W adapters Realme bundles with its smartphones are rebranded Oppo SuperVOOC chargers, and the 200W Realme adapter we are looking at could also be using Oppo’s charging tech.

Realme's 200W charger surfaces ahead of expected announcement

That said, Realme’s 200W charging tech won’t be the fastest since Xiaomi already demoed its 200W HyperCharge tech last year, which filled a 4,000 mAh battery on a customized Mi 11 Pro from flat to 100% in 15 minutes.

However, Xiaomi’s 200W charging tech is also yet to be commercially available and is rumored to enter mass production in June this year, so it remains to be seen who brings the world’s first 200W charging smartphone to the market first, because announcing something first and selling it first are two different things.

Source

Leave a Reply

Discover more from Ultimatepocket

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading