The Realme X is receiving a new software update which brings in the much-requested system-wide Dark Mode to the smartphone.
Additionally, the new firmware bumps up the Android security patch level on Realme X to October 2019 and adds an option in the settings menu that lets you swipe down on the home screen to expand the notification bar.
The update also improves the touch experience when gaming and adds a toggle in the notification center that lets you switch between SIMs. You can check out the full changelog below for more details.
- Android security patch: October, 2019
- Updated charging animation
- Added font feature to Theme Store
- Added realme Laboratory
- Added Dark Mode
- Added option for notification dots for updates
- Quickly enter hidden applications list with fingerprints
- Notification Center and Status Bar
- Added option to swipe down on home screen for global search or notification center
- Added fast switch toggle between SIMs in notification center
- Removed the reminder after the hotspot is enabled
- Removed the prompt when phone is rooted
- Improved touch experience when gaming
- Known issues fixed
- Fixed some applications’ behavior
This update, sporting version number RMX1901EX_11.A.09, is rolling out in a staged manner, so only a small number of users will receive it initially. The company will commence a broader rollout in a few days if no bugs are found.