Telegram for Windows has a new update centered around polls. It brings several new features, including the ability to create quizzes, the option to have responses be visible rather than anonymized, and the option to allow multiple answers to a poll. Telegram refers to this as Polls 2.0 in its recent blog post.
The visible votes feature allows you to see who voted for different options within a poll. Before this update, poll results were always anonymous. You can still elect to have polls anonymized if you’d like.
Selecting multiple answers is a handy feature as people frequently use polls to coordinate schedules. With this feature, you could select multiple times that you are free or select multiple answers in other types of polls.
Telegram’s release notes for the update summarize the app’s changes:
- Create three new kinds of polls.
- See who voted for what in polls with visible votes.
- Vote for several options in polls that allow multiple answers.
- Guess the correct answer in quiz-style polls.
- Explore various ways of combining the different poll options.
- Add polls from the ‘…’ menu in any group or channel.
- Use bots like @QuizBot to create quizzes with several questions and media attachments.
- Schedule messages to be sent when your recipient comes online (only works if you know their online status).
In addition to all the polling changes, the update also brings the ability to round corners of message bubbles. The changelog sent out to PC users today also lists the ability to send messages when a recipient comes online, though that feature was first announced by Telegram in December.