Ori and the Will of the Wisps is the sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest and it’s already available on Xbox One. The game costs just $30 and received excellent reviews, but many noted it had performance issues and other problems on console.
— Ori the Game (@OriTheGame) March 28, 2020
We are working around the clock to bring you a patch in the coming days that fixes performance issues and a large number of reported bugs across all platforms. Our goal is to provide a quality patch that addresses many needs at once and is thus taking us a few extra days to perfect. Once the patch drops several performance issues you may have experienced will decrease significantly and the game will be enjoyed more fully by many more users.
The main bug fixes are listed below.
- Improving performance on both Xbox One X and Xbox One S across the entire game as well as during busy combat scenarios
- Removing the stutters on Xbox One S and Xbox One X after longer periods of playtime
- New dynamic HUD mode as well as option to hide HUD
- Exclusive fullscreen option added
- Resolution scaling option added
- Fast travel from map will now be sold as a separate upgrade from Opher
- Healthy and Powerful achievements should be granted automatically when loading a save that meets all the criteria
- End-game achievements not unlocking will be fixed with the upcoming patch
- Improved overall performance, including map loading times, scenes, and asset loading
- Audio buzzing and stuttering removed or reduced
- Button remapping issue fixed
- Crashing and freezing on start menu fixed
- Handful of softlocks and one-off crashes fixed, such as getting trapped behind a door
- Several instances of your screen going black at certain moments throughout the game fixed
- Picking up collectibles fixed
- Finished quests not being marked as completed fixed
However, the team also provided some workarounds for common problems many gamers are reporting. You can take a look at them below.
- Unable to burrow or water-dash: Please make sure you have acquired the Dash ability in Kwolok’s Hollow, or burrow and water-dash will not work.
- Buzzing sound: A few workarounds while we fix this issue is to install your game on a solid-state drive and disable antivirus real-time scanning for the game.
- Stuck behind doors: Load a backup save.
Hopefully, these changes will dramatically improve the game sometime next week when the patch rolls out. However, sometimes these are delayed so it may hit a week or two later.
If you’re an Xbox Game Pass owner, you’ll be excited to know that the title is available through the service. Ori and the Will of the Wisps also supports Xbox Play Anywhere so you can transfer saves to Windows 10 and vice versa, and runs at 4K resolution and 60 frames per second on Xbox One X.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one