The first part of the Caves and Cliffs Update will include:
- New blocks, like dripleaf, deepslate, copper, and more
- New mobs, like goats, axolotl, and glow squid
- Some small changes to world generation, like copper ore and geodes
The second part of the Caves and Cliffs Update will include:
- Major changes to world generation
- Increased build height and improved mountain generation
- Increased world depth and improved cave generation
- Other smaller changes, improvements, and features
This was likely a difficult decision for Mojang Studios to make, but ultimately was required to deliver the Caves and Cliffs Update at an acceptable quality. The changing work environments due to the pandemic, as well as the extreme technical challenges of delivering this update dictated this decision. Hopefully, Mojang Studios’ teams can work safely and smartly to deliver the Caves and Cliffs Update to eager Minecraft fans as soon as it’s ready.
Minecraft is one of the best games on Xbox, and this delay doesn’t change that at all. If you’re excited about the Caves and Cliffs Update, be sure to check out some of the best Minecraft merch, toys, and gifts.
I recently discussed why Mojang Studios sometimes feels like an underfunded indie studio, which was motivated by some of the decisions and delays Mojang Studios has made in the past.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.