Minecraft is a game that constantly evolves, and just released the decently-sized 1.16.200 update for all Minecraft: Bedrock Edition platforms. The update, still built on the Nether Update, had a ton of bug fixes and improvements, a handful of new features, and some awesome additions specifically for Windows 10 and Minecraft with RTX ray tracing. Now, Mojang Studios is releasing a smaller hotfix with update 1.16.201 that handles some of the glaring issues that have been plaguing players from the recent release last week.
This means we still don’t have anything new from the upcoming Caves and Cliffs Update that’s slated to release in Summer 2021, but it’s clear Mojang Studios wants Minecraft to be in the best possible place first.
Minecraft continues to be the go-to choice on our list of Best Games for Kids, but there are also a ton of other awesome options on that list if you’re interested in something new.
The full changelog for Minecraft’s 1.16.201 update includes:
- Fixed the game failing to launch on multiple Windows 10 devices
- Double Chests placed at chunk borders no longer become partially invisible and don’t crash the game when they are opened
- Shulker boxes no longer lose everything inside their inventory when undyed using a cauldron
- Fixed main menu buttons being invisible on older AMD graphics cards
- Fixed a crash that could occur after suspending and resuming while creating new world on Android
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It’s also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.