Microsoft recently rolled out build 92.0.902.2 to Edge Insiders in the Dev Channel. It’s been a couple of weeks since Edge Dev received an update, so there are several new features to check out. This is also the last major Edge Dev build based on version 92, which means that the same features should make their way to Edge Beta in the near future.
Here’s everything that’s new in the latest build:
- Added a feature flag to enter Immersive Reader automatically when navigating to an eligible page.
- Improved the … menu in PWAs and websites installed as apps to only show relevant options.
- Finished rolling out the new Extensions menu, Smart History Search, and Price History.
- Enabled by default the ability to pin the Favorites, History, etc. menus and have that state remembered, as well as the Collections popup menu.
- Added management policies to control if the setting for AAD Website SSO Using This Profile is Enabled, the Automatic HTTPS Default setting, if Internet Explorer Integration to Reload In IE Mode is Allowed, the Internet Explorer Integration Local Site List Expiration in Days, and if Local Browser Data Share is Enabled, which controls how Edge shares local user data with the Windows Search Indexer. Note that updates to documentation and administrative templates may not have happened yet.
The new menu for websites installed as apps should make PWAs feel more native. Following this update, installed PWAs will only show relevant options. A new Extensions menu also finished rolling out with this update, so people have plenty of things to try out that are visually different.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.