Microsoft is doing a sweeping rebranding of its data governance and compliance toolset, rounding up Azure Purview and Microsoft 365 data-related products to form one all-inclusive Microsoft Purview umbrella, which will serve as the go-to solution for organizations in need of software to make their data engineers’ and legal teams’ lives easier.
The rebranding is straightforward: Microsoft 365 Advanced Audit will become Microsoft Purview Audit (Premium), Azure Purview Data Catalog will become Microsoft Purview Data Catalog, and so on and so forth. Here’s what Microsoft advertises as the benefits of its new branding:
- Helps you gain visibility into assets across your entire data estate.
- Enables easy access to all your data, security, and risk solutions.
- Helps safeguard and manage sensitive data across clouds, apps, and endpoints.
- Manages end-to-end data risks and regulatory compliance.
- Empowers your organization to govern, protect, and manage data in new, comprehensive ways.
You can read the full laundry list of details regarding Microsoft Purview over at its official announcement blog post. There’s a lot to be digested there if you want to know the full scope of the rebranding effort and all the fresh bits and baubles being bundled along with it.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.