Microsoft recently released Edge Dev build 94.0.992.1. It is the last major build of Edge Dev based on version 94 of Chromium, so apart from a few possible patches, Edge Dev is almost ready to jump to the next major version. The latest build includes a new feature for progressive web apps and new APIs that improve web browsing.
Here are all the added new features in the latest build of Edge Dev:
- Added support for the Downloads popup in PWAs and websites installed as apps.
- Added a setting to control if Microsoft Rewards points are shown on the browser’s profile UI.
- Added the ability to open local HTML files on iOS.
- Added an API to WebView2 for launching the Browser Task Manager.
- Added an API to WebView2 to listen for browser exits.
- Added a management policy to control if the setting for Web RTC to Respect the OS Routing Table is Enabled.
- Note that updates to administrative templates or documentation may not be live yet.
- Re-added URL suggestions to error pages that result from mis-typed web addresses.
As this is the final build of Edge Dev based on version 94 of Chromium, version 94 is expected to arrive in the Beta channel soon.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.