A new update rolled out recently for Microsoft Edge Dev. It brings a handful of new features, including a new keyboard shortcut for toggling between horizontal and vertical tabs. It also enables several features by default, such as the ability to import passwords from a CSV file, Kids Mode, and the ability to change the font in Immersive Reader.
Here’s the complete changelog from Microsoft:
- Enabled by default the ability to import passwords from a CSV file.
- Enabled by default the ability to change the font in Immersive Reader.
- Enabled Kids Mode by default.
- Added more themes in Kids Mode.
- Added a keyboard shortcut for toggling between vertical and horizontal tabs layouts.
- Added a message on the update Settings page to warn when the browser can’t be restarted to install an update because another user on the device has it open.
- Added a confirmation the first time F12 is pressed that allows users to disable it as an entry point for the Dev Tools. Note that it can be re-enabled or disabled at any time in Settings.
- Enabled support for management policies from Chromium to control if Insecure Private Network Requests are Allowed, Chromium to control the list of what Insecure Private Network Requests are Allowed For which Urls, and to control if Triple DES is Enabled, which allows/disallows the use of 3DES cipher suites in TLS.
The update also improves reliability in several areas:
- Fixed a crash on launch.
- Fixed a crash on shutdown.
- Fixed an issue where certain webpages crash with a STATUS_BREAKPOINT error.
- Fixed a hang when opening new tabs or windows.
- Fixed a crash when sending feedback.
- Fixed a crash when navigating using certain protocols in IE mode tabs.
- Fixed an issue where one installation of the browser can sometimes cause another on the same machine to be unable to update.
- Fixed an issue where the Web Widget is sometimes blank or doesn’t load.
You can grab the latest version now of Edge Dev and all of the other versions of Edge from the links below.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.