Best answer: Yes, the Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership DLC is a fantastic way to augment your FH5 experience at launch and beyond, with plenty of perks to gain an edge. If you’re planning to sink lots of hours into Forza Horizon 5, the VIP Membership is worth considering. The only thing that should make you hesitate is the existence of the Premium Add-Ons Bundle, which includes the VIP Membership and much more.
Bonuses now and later
When Forza Horizon 5 arrives, it will include a ton of optional DLC that players can purchase to enhance their experience or add additional content. One such DLC returns from previous games, with the Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership, available when preordering Forza Horizon 5, featuring a wide number of benefits to players both when first starting out and when continuing to play. The VIP Membership is well worth it for players planning to invest lots of time into FH5, but it’s also included in the Premium Add-Ons Bundle alongside plenty of other DLCs.
With the Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership, instant bonuses include exclusive Forza Edition cars, a Player House, and cosmetic goodies. However, the VIP Membership actually shows its value in long-term play, with increased rewards from races and events, and extra Wheelspins to earn even more over time. This makes the VIP Membership significantly more valuable for players that fully intend to sink dozens of hours into Playground’s open-world racer.
If anything should make you hesitate before purchasing the VIP Membership DLC, it’s the existence of the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle, which includes all the DLC and add-ons featured in Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition (yes, that means the VIP Membership is here as well). The Premium Add-Ons Bundle is far more expensive than the VIP Membership by itself, but includes a ton of additional perks and content on top of it. If you’re planning to play Forza Horizon 5 enough to make the VIP Membership a no-brainer, the Premium Add-Ons Bundle will give you additional cars, in-game content, and eventual expansions.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership, and what’s included:
- Included: The Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership DLC provides the following perks:
- Three exclusive Forza Edition cars gifted at launch
- One Player House gifted at launch
- A Crown Flair, Vanity Items, Emote, and Car Horn gifted at launch
- Races provide double the Credit rewards
- Players gain extra Super Wheelspins every week
- Additional bonuses and perks
- Available: The Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership is available through Forza Horizon 5 Premium Edition, the Premium Add-Ons Bundle, and as a standalone purchase.
- Not included: The Forza Horizon 5 VIP Membership does not include any other FH5 DLCs, like the Expansions Bundle, Welcome Pack, Car Pass, and Treasure Map. For the most complete collection of add-ons, you’ll want the Forza Horizon 5 Premium Add-Ons Bundle.
In our Forza Horizon 5 preview, we saw that FH5 is almost guaranteed to be one of the best Xbox racing games. Forza Horizon 5 officially releases on Nov. 9, 2021 (Nov. 5 with early access), and is now available to preorder.
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It’s possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. Forza Horizon 5 will be available through Xbox Game Pass day one, including on consoles, PC, and the cloud.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.