It’s now even easier to monitor conversations using Apple’s iOS 14. In fact, the new update conveniently allows you to pin your message threads on the app’s top. This way, you can access these conversations more easily.
It doesn’t matter if the most recent messages aren’t featured — you can still pick out the conversations you’re looking for. You can even pin group chats and one-on-one conversations to the top section of your messages.
This will work for SMS text messages as well as MMS messages (green bubbles). It can also be done for the blue bubbles (iMessage threads).
Install the iOS 14 and Start Pinning and Unpinning Selected Conversations
You can use several methods to pin your conversations to the top message section. First, download and install iOS 14 on your device, and you’re good to go. From there, it depends on how you want to use your iPhone or iPad, the preferred convenience, and, of course, your personal taste.
Method 1: Swipe to Pin Messages
- Go to “Conversation.”
- Swipe Right (a yellow pin button will come up).
- Again, Swipe to the right (ensure it disappears from the screen). Alternatively, tap the yellow button to let go.
Method 2: Use the Long-Press to Pin Messages
- Simply press down, for a splitting second, on the targeted conversation.
- Go to the “Action Menu.”
- To stick it to the top, click on “Pin Name.”
Method 3: Edit to Pin
- Go to the screen for “Main messages.”
- Click on “Edit.”
- Once a menu comes up, tap on “Edit Pins.” The listed message threads with yellow pin buttons will appear.
- For selected message threads, click on “Pins to add.”
- When finished, click on “Done.”
How to Recognize Your Pinned Conversations on the iOS 14
Once you finish pinning your conversations, the new threads will appear at the top of the messages as large contact icons. They’ll come up in a three-by-three grid.
But you should understand that after the process is complete, you’ll no longer be able to access the conversations from the regular list as quickly. You can have up to nine pinned threads. And when you open one-on-one chats, it will simply show up as a single contact icon.
Group chats will, however, include all the images within the circle. The exception is when you use a new group photo on the iOS 14. If you receive a new iMessage or SMS, a chat bubble preview will appear on the screen.
When you mark a message as “read,” the preview will disappear.
How to Unpin Conversations and Messages in iOS 14
You can unpin any conversation from the highlighted message list.
Follow this simple process:
- Go to the “Large Contact Icon.”
- Long-press the large contact icon.
- Go to the “Popup Menu.”
- Click on “Unpin.”
- Go to the top-left side of the screen.
- Click on the “Edit option.”
- Click on the gray-colored minus icon.
- Unpin the selected conversation.
Using the Edit Option
- Go “Edit Menu.”
- Then click “Main messages” view.
- Click on “Link.”
- Click “Edit Pins.”
- Tap the gray (-) button for each message that you wish to unpin.
- Once you do this, the conversation will move from the message top to the regular chats.
- Click on “Done.”
Learn to Hide Alerts for Your Pinned Messages
- Long-press on the “Pinned Conversation.”
- Go to “Quick Actions Menu.”
- Choose “Hide Alerts.”
- Go to the “Message Threads.”
- Then “Information menu.”
- And “Hide Alerts.”
As noted, you can add a maximum of 9 pinned messages. This includes standard text messages, group or individual messages, and iMessages.
Once you reach the maximum, you’ll receive an alert that requires you to unpin a conversation before adding a new one.
In its unique style, Apple has made sure that every iPhone or iPad user can enjoy an unforgettable experience through its regular updates and innovations.
And now, thanks to the latest iOS version, you can pin selected conversations to the top of messages or unpin selected conversations to the regular chat. Using these simple tips, you can make the most of the exciting iOS 14 experience, using your iPhone or iPad.