Another of the many Xbox Series X games shown off during the May 7 Inside Xbox showcase was Scorn. This title from Ebb Software has been in development for several years and has finally been confirmed for at least one console platform. Set in a creepy world inspired by the art of H.R. Giger, Scorn takes organic technology and survival horror to a completely new level. Here’s what we know so far.
What is Scorn?
The game was first announced with a Kickstarter campaign back in 2014. While the Kickstarter failed, development continued until a second Kickstarter in 2017 was successful. The developers then signed an exclusivity deal with Microsoft, who provided extra resources and development time while staying out of the creative decisions.
Scorn gameplay, trailers and features
- It’s a first-person shooter and survival horror game.
- Scorn is designed around “being thrown into the world.”
- Different regions are all interconnected and can be explored in a non-linear fashion.
- Each region has its own unique theme, puzzles, and characters.
- You’ll acquire different weapons and items as you progress.
- Scorn is Xbox Series X Optimized, with the developers aiming for 4K 60FPS on the console.
- You can check out the Inside Xbox trailer below.
Is Scorn coming to Xbox One?
Scorn release date
Best of both worlds
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over 200 games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends. Right now, you can purchase a three-month subscription for a great price.