If you’re an Insider hungry for the latest Microsoft Edge Dev Channel build, heads up: It’s live. Build 96.0.1028.0 is making the rounds right now, bringing the overall version number up to 96 (as can be seen in the build number). It packs a lot of new features, ranging from enhanced policy management support to fresh Settings tweaks.
- Added a shortcut button in Settings to personalize the Web Widget.
- Added a Setting on iOS to restore tabs on startup.
- Added the ability to swipe to close tabs on iOS.
And the following features are enabled by default:
- The ability to view downloaded Office files directly in the browser.
- The ability to edit payment card information prior to uploading it to Microsoft Pay.
That’s not all. Here’s what’s on the docket for management policy support enablement:
- Control if the Audio Process will have High Priority Enabled, which is a temporary measure to work around issues with audio capture when the audio process is running at normal priority.
- Set the Print Rasterize Pdf Dpi, which controls the resolution PDFs are printed at when printing them using rasterization.
- Control the Print PostScript Mode, which controls the speed and quality that certain fonts print at.
The new build also includes a load of crash fixes, which you can read up on at the blog post detailing the update.
According to Microsoft’s post, the new version of Edge has almost finished rolling out to mobile (where you can now send tabs between devices) and Xbox. If you’re wondering what you can do with Edge on Xbox, well…
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.