Google’s December update for its Pixel family of smartphone is now rolling out to the Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, Pixel 2, and 2 XL. In the support thread containing the changelogs, it’s mentioned that the Google Pixel 4 and 4 XL will begin receiving the December update next week.
The excerpt at the end of the following quote mentions improvements to face unlock, so we might expect to see the Pixel 4 and 4 XL face unlock updated with improved security.
In addition to the specific items listed above, the December update includes hundreds of various fixes and improvements across many areas including performance, stability, camera, display, and face unlock.
Otherwise, here are some of the fixes mentioned for the December release:
- Fix for static noise in Spotify – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for background audio static in third-party camera apps – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Dark mode support in bootloader – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for lost Bluetooth pairing information – Pixel 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for pairing with Garmin devices – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for display flicker in various use cases – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Improve haptics vibration intensity in certain use cases – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for misaligned device orientation in certain cases – Pixel 4 and 4 XL
- Fix for Google Pay card display in power menu – Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4 and 4 XL