Cyberpunk 2077 is an incredibly ambitious project from CD Projekt RED, the creators of the legendary Witcher 3 fantasy RPG, which is set in a dark, dystopian city with its own history, culture, and…music. Cyberpunk 2077 will feature an original soundtrack with music from real world artists like Grimes, Run the Jewels, Raney Shockne, and much more, some of which are already available to listen to on Cyberpunk 2077’s YouTube channel.
A new report from Pitchfork spills even more details on this elusive game’s soundtrack, revealing that it will feature radio stations, similar to games like GTA V and Watch Dogs: Legion, with original music from real world artists, disguised under in-game pseudonyms. Grimes, for example, becomes “Lizzy Wizzy,” while Run the Jewels become “Yankee and the Brave.”
You can check out the latest original soundtrack from Cyberpunk 2077 above, and find the full list of Volume 1 and Volume 2 soundtracks below, along with the real world creators and their in-game counterparts, courtesy of Pitchfork. Volume 1 will reportedly release on December 11, 2020, with Volume 2 following close behind on December 18.
There’s a good chance we’ll learn more about Cyberpunk 2077’s soundtrack, possibly with some new songs to listen to, tomorrow during Night City Wire Episode 5.
- Run the Jewels (Yankee and the Brave) – “No Save Point”
- SOPHIE / Shygirl (Clockwork Venus) – “BM”
- Le Destroy (The Bait) – “Kill Kill”
- Yugen Blakrok (Gorgon Madonna) – “Metamorphosis”
- Konrad Oldmoney feat. Cerbeus (7 Facas) – “Dinero”
- Deadly Hunta / Maro Music (Footage Missing) – “When It’s War’
- The Armed (Homeschool Dropouts) – “Night City Aliens”
- Converge (Shattered Void) – “I Won’t Let You Go”
- Aligns (Rubicones) – “Friday Night Fire Fight”
- Tomb Mold (Bacillus) – “March 30th”
- Deafkids (Tainted Overlord) – “Selva Pulsátil”
- Namakopuri (Us Cracks) – “PonPon Shit”
- Grimes (Lizzy Wizzy) – “Delicate Weapon”
- Rat Boy (IBDY) – “Who’s Ready for Tomorrow”
- HEALTH (Window Weather) – “Major Crimes”
- Rosa Walton (Hallie Coggins) – “I Really Want to Stay at Your House”
- Nina Kraviz (Bara Nova) – “Surprise Me, I’m Surprised Today”
- Raney Shockne feat. COS and Conway (Point Break Candy) – “Hole in the Sun”
- Gazelle Twin (Trash Generation) – “History”
- Poloz (Tinnitus) – “On My Way to Hell”
Cyberpunk 2077 has been unfortunately delayed until December 10, 2020, but that isn’t stopping us from getting a special episode of Night City Wire showing the game running on the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X, where it looks great, even without the next-gen upgrade slated to come sometime in 2021. If you want to make sure you’re prepared to have the best possibly Cyberpunk 2077 experience, consider upgrading your visual set-up with one of the Best 4K TV’s for Xbox Series X|S.
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is posed to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.