It feels like it’s been a long wait, but it’s only been a little over two months since the release of Jungle Awakens, the first DLC for Minecraft Dungeons. Now we’re able to get our hands on Creeping Winter, arguably the more exciting of the two expansions and the final DLC promised with the Hero Edition of Minecraft Dungeons (although certainly not the last update, not by a long shot).
Creeping Winter will add a ton of new content that wasn’t present in the base game, and massively upgrade the camp as well to make it more lively and add more features that players can take advantage of. We don’t have a full changelog, but we know that Creeping Winter will add:
- A new island with at least three new areas
- New mobs, including enemies, cosmetic pets, and more
- New gear, including armor, weapons, and artifacts
- New NPC’s, including camp vendors that allow gifts to and from other players, and upgrading older gear
- Daily Trials, which add increased challenge to the game in exchange for rewards like higher level gear
- A free update, which should fix lots of bugs, balance the game, and more
The update is rolling out now, so you may not see it immediately. Creeping Winter, much like Jungle Awakens, will come in two forms. New content like the island, gear, and mobs will undoubtedly be part of the paid expansion. However, bug fixes, balancing improvements, smaller alterations, and possibly the new camp vendors will all be part of a free update that everyone gets! Additionally, even if you don’t have the expansion, if one of your friends does you can play with them on their island and get the new content, including the new gear.
Have you been waiting for Creeping Winter? Are you excited to jump into the new expansion for Minecraft Dungeons? Let us know in the comments below!
Not your average Minecraft
Minecraft explores the dungeons.
Minecraft Dungeons is the next saga in Minecraft’s story, and Mojang Studios have knocked another one out of the park. Awesome co-op combat paired with powerful loot, all at a crazy affordable price? There’s not much more you could ask for in an epic dungeon crawling ARPG.