Children of Morta is a story-driven action game about an extraordinary family of heroes. Lead the Bergons, with all their flaws and virtues, against the forthcoming Corruption. The title features Diablo-like combat but in a roguelite structure. Death is part of the experience, and it moves the story forward.
Today, developer 11 bit studios announced that the game was getting a lot of new content in 2020. The majority of new content coming to Children of Morta will be available free of charge to those who own the game with only the Uncharted Lands expansion will be paid. You can take a look at everything below.
- Shrine of Challenge introduces hard difficulty and an item pack.
- Setting Sun Inn invites you to New Game+ mode in which players carry their unlocked characters, skill tree, and more.
- Random Encounter means what it says and says what it means.
- In the Bergsons’ House a new playable character awaits.
- The Fellowship Sanctuary adds the much anticipated online co-op.
- Temple of the Endless contains a series of arenas with waves of enemies.
- The Treasure update will contain more than 30 new items.
- The Uncharted Lands expansion is the next journey for the Bergson family.
It’s great to see the game being supported this aggressively even after all this time. Hopefully, there will be more expansions down the line because Children of Morta was one of the biggest surprises of 2019. We can’t wait to see where the adventure takes us in 2020.
You can buy the game from the Microsoft Store, but it’s also available for free on Project xCloud game streaming preview at the moment.
In Windows Central’s review, Brendan Lowry wrote, “Children of Morta is one of the best roguelike games I’ve played, and I’d even go so far as to say that it’s one of the best ones ever made, period. Aside from the rare cheap moment, everything about Children of Morta, from the story to the gameplay to the presentation, is simply incredible.”
Together as a family
Save the world from Corruption
Children of Morta is an incredible roguelike title that will keep you hooked for hours on end, offering superb gameplay and presentation, as well as a surprisingly strong story.
Best of the best
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.