Apple TV is an innovative service that provides TV in a new and exciting format. There are a number of other features that can be found on Apple TV. By mastering different aspects of Apple TV you’ll be able to enjoy shows of your choice whenever you want with the whole family.
How to Change Boot Settings
Let’s begin by changing the boot settings. This will mean of course that you’re wiping out all the changes that you’ve saved up to this point. Changing the boot settings can be challenging but this can be necessary to enhance the capability of the platform.
Here is how to change the boot settings for Apple T.V.
- In order to do this begin by pressing and holding the Menu and Home buttons at the same time.
- After pressing down on these buttons for 10 seconds a white light should begin to flash.
The Traditional Method
Restarting devices is often the best way to solve a problem and this should be a good fix for most of the problems that you’ll encounter. There are many devices with software where this has been proven to be true.
There’s another method that’s a more traditional way of solving this issue: go to Systems>Settings>Restart. This should solve the issue in short order. Remember to keep your Apple TV off until the reset process has been completed. For the older Apple TV models, the process is slightly different.
- Go to Settings
- Then press on System
- Next press on Reset or Reset and Update
With the latter option, your TV will update so long as you have an internet connection.
There’s one other process that’s worth trying if all else fails. Simply unplug your TV and then reconnect it after a period of 10 seconds. This should reboot the device in quick order if it suffers a jam or it starts to lag. This can be a really simple way to make it work.
You can also turn your iPhone into a remote control device. This could help you to restart your Apple TV if in case the remote control is lost or it fails to work. Go to Settings>General>Remotes>Learn Remotes. This process should be treated as a back-up plan.
Additional Apple TV Features
You can also impose parental restrictions, add your own security features, file different features separately, and search by voice using Siri. It will take many hours to learn all the features and details of the Apple TV because it is a complex device that ultimately does a simple thing which is to broadcast TV.
Setting Up Using an iOS Device
You can also set up the Apple TV with a recent iOS device.
- The first step in order to accomplish this is to make sure the iOS device is on the same network that you want the Apple TV to connect to.
- You should then turn on Bluetooth by going to the Control Center.
- Next, make the iPhone and the Apple TV touch each other. A pop-up screen will appear in which you put in your Apple ID details.
- A good option would be to press the Remember option the next time the device is opened. Be patient for a few seconds and it will redirect you to the Main page.
- There is also an option to send data directly to Apple if you choose to do so in case it detects any bugs. this data will not be shared by a third party.
Apple TV has its share of challenges and some careful research is required. Make sure that you have learned what you need to know before you attempt to use the device and always have a plan to know what to do in case things go wrong.
Having said that, it’s a great addition for the whole family and it can enhance your viewing experience in the future. The options are definitely there as far as watching any program you want. The challenge now is to find the next show that’s worth watching.