Arkfall: Mech Battles is a full FPS game built inside of Minecraft
Minecraft is an impressive enough game entirely on its own merits, but much of how it has managed to last so long with such incredible levels of success is due to its community. Mojang Studios enables community creators to build new content for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition with a plethora of official tools, released through the Minecraft Marketplace, and an indie developer has now taken this relationship. Syclone Studios is releasing Arkfall: Mech Battles, a full game built entirely inside of Minecraft.
Arkfall: Mech Battles is a first-person action-shooter set in a fictional sci-fi universe; players will take control of a devastating mech suit and explore the city of Neo Futura. Syclone Studios intends for this title to be the first of many in a growing franchise, with each game built entirely using Minecraft: Bedrock Edition’s always-evolving creator tools and features. Arkfall: Mech Battles is a completely different entity than vanilla Minecraft, and features unique gameplay, mechanics, and more.
Some of the features of Arkfall: Mech Battles include:
- A single-player and multiplayer co-op campaign. Arkfall: Mech Battles features a campaign exploring the futuristic city, in which players will have to face waves of enemy units, complete a variety of objectives and mission types, and defeat three custom bosses. Players can complete the campaign solo, or bring along up to three additional friends for a co-op experience.
- Players can select the campaign missions they wish to complete from an interactive “mech hub”
- Players can learn how to play the game through a full in-game tutorial “simulation” mission
- Four mechs and a variety of equipment. Arkfall: Mech Battles includes four unique mech suits from which to choose, with each featuring a special ability to call upon in battle. There are also usable items, five different weapons, and fully customizable loadouts for each mech.
- Detailed visuals and audio. Arkfall: Mech Battles differentiates itself from vanilla Minecraft with a wide range of custom features that breathe life into its visuals and audio, including:
- Unique textures applied across the entire world
- Models for mechs, enemies, trees and foliage, sculptures and statues, and many other aspects of the world
- Animations for all player and enemy actions
- Particle effects for weapons, explosions, smoke, fire, and other effects
- Fully voiced in-game characters, tutorials, and more
- Studio-quality audio for sound effects, ambiance, and more
- Cross-platform multiplayer. At launch, Arkfall: Mech Battles will immediately support multiplayer co-op for its campaign. After launch, the game will add multiplayer PvP and server-based options for players. This multiplayer takes advantage of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition’s excellent cross-platform support to work across every platform on which Minecraft is available.
Arkfall: Mech Battles releases exclusively through the Minecraft Marketplace on April 19, 2022, and will be supported anywhere Minecraft: Bedrock Edition works, including Xbox, PC, PlayStation, Android and iOS, and macOS and Linux. The first independent game to be built with and published through Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, Syclone Studios hopes it can encourage other developers to follow suit while also expanding the Arkfall franchise with future games.
Minecraft is certainly one of the best Xbox games, but can a game built inside a game also achieve the same level? It’s clear a lot of work has gone into bringing Arkfall: Mech Battles to life, and it’ll be interesting to see if it can deliver a compelling first-person shooter experience from within Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. Now, it’s also the platform on which developers can build entirely separate, full-fledged games like Arkfall: Mech Battles.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Is Minecraft worth playing in 2022?
Minecraft has dominated the video game industry for well over a decade, but is it still worth playing in 2022? Against all odds, Minecraft has managed to remain relevant with its persistent updates and unique community support.
Xbox Series X ultimate guide: Everything you need to know
Here’s everything you need to know about the new-generation Xbox console from Microsoft: Xbox Series X. This 12TF beast is the most powerful video game console ever made, and comes with a range of fresh features and nuances to take your console gaming to the next level.